NTS General Knowledge Mcqs have questions about Area and population of Continents, Highest and lowest (Continental altitudes), Oceans, Seas, Important Islands, Principal Mountain peaks. NTS General Knowledge Mcqs part 2 comprises of 50 MCQS. Answers are given at the end.
NTS General Knowledge Mcqs Part 2
51. If a magnetic needle is freely suspended at the geographic North Pole —–
(a) The needle will remain vertical with its N-Pole downward
(b) The needle will remain almost vertical with its N-Pole downward
(c) The needle will remain vertical with its S-pole downward
(d) The needle will remain almost vertical with its S-pole downwaod
52. South Pole is located in the continent of —–
(a) Africa (b) Australia (c) Asia (d) Antartica
53. The atmospheric pressure at any place is measured by —–
(a) Altimeter (b) Pressure-meter (c)Barometer (d) Thermometer
54. Which mountain system lies between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea?
(a)Appalachians (b) Caucasus (c) Pyrenees (d) Atlas
55. Which of these cities once served as the Capital of Japan?
(a) Kobe (b) Kyoto (c) Okinawa (d) Sendai
56. Which Peninsula lies between the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov?
(a) Crimean (b) Iberian (c) Kamchatka (d) Yucatan
57. On the banks of which river is the city of London located?
(a) Severn (b) Thames (c) Avon (d) Humber
58. Which among the following trees is considered the tallest in the World?
(a) Cedar (b) Redwood (c) Eucalyptus (d) Date Paim
59. Which Country was earlier known as Siam?
(a) Indonesia (b) Somalia (c) Thailand (d) Myanmar
60. Which is the largest Country in the Arabian Peninsula?
(a) Oman (b) Yemen (c) Saudi Arabia (d) Kuwait
61. Which river forms the Grand Canyon in the United States?
(a) Mississippi (b) Hudson (c) Colorado (d) Columbia
62. Which of these cloud forms is found at the highest altitude?
(a) Billow (b) Nacreous (c) Noctilucent (d) Pileus
63. Thickness of atmosphere around the earth is —–
(a) 100 km (b) 130 km (c) 145 km (d) 195 km
64. Atmosphere around the earth maintains its —–
(a) Temperature (b) Pressure (c) Density (d) Shape
65. The layers of atmosphere are divided into —–
(a) Two Parts (b) Three parts (c) Four Parts (d) Five parts
66. Above the earth’s surface, troposphere extends to a height of —–
(a) 08 km (b) 12 km (c) 20km (d) 15 km
67. Which next layer is above the troposphere?
(a) Mesosphere (b) Stratosphere (c) Thermo-sphere (d) Space
68. The mesosphere extended above the earth’s surface is up to —–
(a) 60 km (b) 65 km (c) 80 km (d) 85 km
69. Which one the following Phenomena occurs when water vapor condenses around a particular of Smoke?
(a) Fog (b) Hail (c) Mist (d) Smog
70. Line joining places of the same earthquake intensity are known as —–
(a) Isohyets (b) Isohels (c) Isoseismal lines (d) Isohalines
71. Canola refers to specific type of oil seed mustard varieties bred for human consumption. The main characteristic of these varieties is that the —–
(a) Seeds have very high oil content
(b) Oil is rich in unsaturated fatty acids
(c) Oil has long shelf-life
(d) Oil has very low Erucic acid content
72. Which one the following lakes forms an international boundary between Tanzania and Uganda?
(a) Chad (b) Malawi (c) Victoria (d) Zambezi
73. which of the following Countries has highest percentage of land under cultivation?
(a) U.S.A (b) India (c) China (d) Canada
74. Which form of iron has got the highest carbon content?
(a) Mild steel (b) Stainless steel (c) Wrought Iron (d) Cast Iron
75. Rows of the tree grown along the coastal areas to reduce the impact of cyclones are knows as —-
(a) Wind breaks (b) Protection (c) Mangroves (d) Shelter belts
76. What kind of soil is treated with gypsum to make it suitable for cropping?
(d) Soil with excessive clay content
77. Which one of the following is the smallest ocean of the World?
78. Which one of the following is a metamorphic rock?
79. According to Simon Winchester’s book, how many Tectonic plates are there in the earth?
(a) 15 (b)29 (c) 32 (d) 36
80. All the following are planetary winds except —–
(a) Trade winds (b) The westerlies (c) Polar winds (d) The monsoon winds
81. Which one of the following parts of cold deserts and continents is correctly matched?
(a) Atacama —South America
(b) Gobi — Asia
(c) Kalahari — Africa
(d) Great Sandy — Australia
82. The production of rubber tree is better adopted to areas where the climate is —–
(a) Warm and humid (b) Warm and dry (c) Cool and moist (d) cool and dry
83. Gulf streams are caused by —–
(a) Cyclones (b) Temperature (c) Ocean pressure (d) Difference in water level
84. All vital atmospheric process leading to various climatic and weather conditions take place in the —–
(a) Troposphere (b) Ionosphere (c) Exosphere (d) Stratosphere
85. The minimum land area recommended for forest to maintain proper ecological balance is —–
(a) 25% (b) 33% (c) 43% (d) 53%
86. Which of the following scholars suggested the earth’s origin from gases and dust particles?
(a) James Jeans (b) Hannes Alfvén (c) F. Hoyle (d) O. Schmidt
87.The theory that refers to an explosion about 10 to 15 billion years age, which most astronomers believe to be the origin of the universe, is called —–
(a) The Red Shift theorey
(b) Relativity theory
(c) Big Bang theory
(d) Titanic theorey
88. Black holes are stellar objects which —–
(a) Emit black body radiation
(b) Have weak gravitational field
(c) Have intense gravitational field
(d) Have intense magnetic field
89. Select the stranger in the group:
(a) Cardiograms (b) Multiple bars (c) Weather maps (d) Pie diagrams
90. The soil which cracks and shrinks most as it dries is —–
(a) Clayey soil (b) Porous soil (c) Sandy soil (d) Loamy soil
91. East Timur, is now independent Country, before independent it was part of —–
(a) Taiwan (b) Malaysia (c) Thailand (d) Indonesia
92. Kosovo s now independent Country, before independent it was part of which of the following Countries?
(a) Yugoslavia (b) Albania (c) Romania (d) Bulgaria
93. On the day of the Summer Solstice in the northern hemisphere, the length day-time on the Antarctic Circle is —–
(a) 12 hours (b) 24 hours (c) zero hour (d) 6 hours
94. Which of the following sequences represents correctly the different atmospheric layers from the earth’s surface?
(a) Stratosphere, troposphere, tropopause, ionosphere
(b) Ionosphere, tropopause, Stratosphere, ionosphere
(c) Troposphere, tropopause, Stratosphere, ionosphere
(d) Stratosphere, troposphere, ionosphere, tropopause
95. Days and night are of equal duration on March 21 at —–
(a) The Tropic of Cancer alone
(b) The Tropic of Equator alone
(c) The Tropic of Capricorn alone
(d) All parallel of latitude
96. Which of the following is the most porous rock?
(a) Basalt (b) Granite (c) Sandstone (d) Slate
97. Weathering is —–
(a) Breakdown or disintegration of rocks
(b) Formation of soil by fine sand particles
(c) Breaking of the surface of land by flowing water
(d) Wearing down of rock surface
98. Which type of plants are adapted to grow under drought conditions?
(a) Pteridophytes (b) Xerophytes (c) Tropophyes (d) Hygrophytes
99. Which of the following is the oldest rock?
(a) Quartzite (b) Ordovician (c) Carbonatites (d) Cumbrian
100. Which of the following pairs is correct?
(a) Baghdad Tigris
(b) Bonn Danube
(c) Rome Seine
(d) Paris Tiber
51_c 52_ d 53_ c 54_ b 55_ b
56_ a 57_b 58_b 59_c 60_ c
61_ c 62_c 63_c 64_a 65_c
66_ d 67_b 68_ d 69_ d 70_ c
71_ b 72_c 73_ b 74_d 75_c
76_ a 77_d 78_ c 79_d 80_d
81_b 82_a 83_c 84_a 85_a
86_ d 87_c 88_ c 89_c 90_a
91_ d 92_a 93_ c 94_c 95_d
96_ c 97_a 98_ b 99_b 100_a